Restoration Update – 17.02.13
Since the restoration of our Circle is nearly complete and only a few cosmetic items are remaining such as the padded rest along the lip at the front of the parapet we have been able to turn our attention to a new addition to our venue which has been born from a forgotten room hidden away for over 70 years behind the leaded windows in our auditorium.
The ‘Window Rooms’ were cut off when the ‘new’ circle was installed in 1937 and were only accesible by a small access hatch therefore small items were left in there for general storage to be forgotten due to their low importance.
With the access restored to the window rooms once the level of the restored Circle had been dropped to its original level we have been able to convert these forgotten spaces into much needed sales points in our Circle.
Our Master Carpenter Roy Aspinall and his team have expertly levelled floors and installed shelving, electrics and a split level counter have been introduced and we now can serve bar and soft drinks along with confectionery directly to our Circle guests.