Restoration Update – 20.08.12
It can often be the smallest details of a restoration that demonstrate the care and attention to detail that is shown in bringing a venue back to her peak of physical beauty whilst showing genuine respect for the craftsmanship that was taken by the original designers and builders who built any historically significant building.
From the English oak we have used on all the banister rails and doors within our venue through to the use of flat head screws on all original features as after all, the cross head screw was invented in 1933 by J P Thompson on behalf of the Phillips company and the Plaza was built in 1932 before such new fangled fixtures were invented!
Therefore with our trusty crane company once again returning to the Plaza to repair damaged external neon we were able to fit the final sculpted vent block missing from the Plaza facade to match existing 1932 originals.
The craftsmansip taken to lovingly create this simple piece of the restoration jigsaw proves that projects such as the Plaza will ensure these skills are retained and celebrated for many more years to come.